Project Stardust is a femme-led Star Wars website and community that seeks to celebrate feminine voices in the wider Star Wars fandom through blogs, social media, and creative endeavors both written and visual. From cosplay to fanfiction to the universe’s history to our favorite things to collect, Project Stardust looks at it all through our team of contributors.
- Inclusivity & diversity. Our community celebrates femmes of all body types, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and races. In our corner of the world, Black Lives Matter, Trans Women are Women, and Love is Love.
- Positivity and Kindness. From body and sex positivity to the tone of our outputs, we seek to make our Star Wars a positive and kind experience. While we tackle difficult topics and diverse opinions, we aim to do so in a constructive, kind way that recognizes the diversity of the Star Wars universe and fandom.
- Open and Welcoming to All. Star Wars is for everyone. In our books, the only pre-requisite to be a fan is to love Star Wars. Whether you love a certain ship, the Extended Universe, the Original/Prequel/Sequel trilogies or other films, the animated series, collecting memorabilia, cosplay, fanfiction, fanart, lore, comics, books, and/or anything else, you are a fan. We don’t care if you have been a fan for two minutes or two decades, we welcome all. Moreover, we may be female-centric, but we do welcome anyone to join us in celebrating our mutual love for Star Wars.
- Accessibility. We want everyone to enjoy Star Wars, which is why we work to make all of our content accessible, from captions to descriptions. If there’s ever anything we can do to make your time with us easier and better, please drop us a line here.
- To provide opportunities for storytelling, visual arts, histories, and other expressions of fandom.
- To empower female and female-presenting fans to show off their fandom and skills.
- To uplift LGBTQ+ & BIPOC Voices.
- To be a safe-space for all femme/female/feminine voices.
Our final Value and Goal is Hope. As Princess Leia, one of our team’s favorite characters, reminded us, “Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it, you’ll never make it through the night.” We hope to uphold all of our Values & Goals at all times and promote them amongst the wider Star Wars community.
We are a living and breathing organization, so our Values & Goals are always subject to us learning and growing. If you ever feel like we can do better to be an inclusive outlet, please let us know!
Have an idea for us? Want to join our team? Want to nominate your favorite girlfriend for a fan spotlight? Have a LGBTQ+ or BIPOC-owned shop or page and want us to feature you?
Let us know here!
We especially welcome contributions from LGBTQ+ and BIPOC contributors.