We welcome pitches for articles, comics and all types of art, creative writing pieces (from fan fiction to your own reflections), and craft ideas, amongst other things. Our team especially welcomes contributions from LGBTQ+ & BIPOC fans. (While we welcome our male fans, we look to publish exclusively female and femme voices.)
You can find our pitch form here.
No topic related to Star Wars is off limits! Want to write about Jar Jar? Argue that Padmé is a feminist? Share some fan art that features a remake of a classic character? Nominate your best friend for BEST FAN EVERRRR? We welcome it all. (That is, as long as it does not invite harassment or bullying of any creators, fans, or anyone else. We’re a safe space with a Zero Tolerance policy for that. Plus, we prefer kindness and community.)
Whatever you want to do, we will make it work within our different formats. A bit about our Formats:
- Articles: We have two types. Features are longer pieces around 1,500-2,000 words. Shorts are quick pieces that are less than 1,000 words. Your topic and goals alongside what we are looking for decide which type is best.
- Reviews: This is a type of short that looks at books, comics, or video games by summarising it and sharing your thoughts. We like to keep our reviews to less than 1,000 words.
- Fan Features: A highlight of a fan whose art, writing, cosplays, builds, or other endeavour we think is worth a special mention. These usually start with a nomination and then a team member follows up to create a unique look at them.
- Videos: A feature article with moving parts!
- Interviews: Short pieces about different aspects of Star Wars from cosplay to writing. These can take several forms, including article and video.
- Art: This can be a photo journal, a special artwork, a piece in progress, a comic strip, cosplay photos, or anything else. We think of art as a broad category, but the main thing is that it is predominantly visual (and not a video, though those can be art).
- Primers: These are our encyclopaedia-like articles that introduce you to different aspects of Star Wars lore! Note: many of our team are actively working on Primers which may not be online yet. Should you propose one in the works, we will connect you to the team member responsible for it so that you can discuss collaborating with them where appropriate.
These are our main formats, but we welcome others. If you have an idea and you aren’t sure which format would be best, let us know and we can help you!
Have your idea? Ready to Pitch? Fill out the form here! Our team will work to respond to you ASAP! If you don’t hear from us within two weeks, please feel free to send a follow-up email to the email@example.com or re-submit the form!
If you have any questions and would like to speak to a member of the team before you officially pitch, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.